Argentinean folklore dancer and “milonguera”, Carla comes from a tango family through her father, a tango singer. Despite her young age she is a woman of character, with a particular virtuosity that makes each musical note sound with her legs and feet.
She began her tango journey several years ago, adopting tango as a lifestyle and growing up in the most prestigious tango houses, like guided by major salon and milonguero figures.
Carla dazzles with her dance style in Buenos Aires’ most famous Milongas such as Sunderland Club, Porteño y Bailarin, Gricel, Yira Yira. She is considered as a dancer at heart, wishing to convey the flavour of musical, intimate, subtle and elegant dancer. Her love for the tango arose many years ago. For her, dancing is not a profession but a choice, a way to give her soul away, fed everyday by the tango melodies she listen to.
– Exhibitions: Sunderland; Porteño y Bailarin; Club Villa Malcom; Esquina Homero
Manzi. Confitería la Ideal; Salon Caning.
– 10th position in the Tango World championship
– 4th position in the Metropolitan championship – tango category
– 1st position (champion) in the Metropolitan championship – milonga category
– Group classes in Estudio Mario Morales in Buenos Aires
She currently lives in Buenos Aires, speaks Spanish and English
Santiago is a true “Milonguero” Tango dancer. He is known not only for his elegance, precision and musicality in his dance style, but also for his methodology and pedagogical skills, constantly endeavouring to study more and more, and with a very versatile character that comes as a consequence of his passage through different tango styles, passion, dedication and respect for Argentinean Tango.
Santiago combines tango dance improvisation playing with the elegance of the ballroom style and the flavour of the milonguero style. He is faithful and devoted to the kind of tango he believes is the authentic tango, i.e. the kind of tango which emphasizes the embrace, walking, music, the feeling, respect and codes. He not only nurtures his students to help them to become better dancers technically and aesthetically, but he also inspires them so that they can feel and understand tango not only as a dance, but as an attitude and a way of life.
Educated as an Architectural Draughtsman and Graphic Designer, Santiago keeps choosing tango as a profession and life philosophy. He is known for his charisma, professionalism, and creativity. He considers himself as a tango intellectual for his versatility and his fanaticism for new things or insatiable quest for body movements, inspired by his knowledge of all other dance styles. After 15 years in the tango world, his dancing is the result of a journey made of two basic ingredients: the passion for dancing and the love for teaching.
– Director and Choreographer of Tango Dance Company and School “Libertango”
– Organizer of Tango festival ‘’SANTIAGO SE VISTE DE TANGO’’, in Santiago de Chile.
– 2006Latin-American Champion of Tango and Ballroom dances.
– Tour to Spain and France in March 2007
– Tour in Colombia in March 2010. Cali and Medellin
– Jury of the Municipal, Metropolitan and National championships in Chile
– Tango shows with orchestras such as Sexteto Mayor from Buenos Aires,
Orquesta del Viejo Almacén, Sexteto Real Calo, Animaltango, Alevare Quinteto, Malevaje.
– 2 seasons on the ” A TODO TANGO ‘program’ run by Carlos Vásquez, UCV Television.
– Tango coach for Municipal, Metropolitan and National championships, with Chilean students reaching 1o, 2o and 3o rank in the Tango world championship in Buenos Aires in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
– Coach of the champions of the 2013 Italian championship in category tango salon
– Tour to Europe between February and May 2012: Switzerland, Italy, Turkey,
Santiago currently lives in Italy. He speaks Spanish, Italian, and basic English.
Santiago & Carla:
They met in December 2013 in Argentina, in Buenos Aires milongas. They decided then to start as dance partners, giving their first exhibitions in June-July 2014 in Argentina in the most classic and popular milongas of Buenos Aires, at Sunderland, Viva la Pepa, Porteño and Dancer, Canning.
Milonga Malena – Club Sunderland – Buenos Aires
Garras – Anibal Troilo and Alberto Marino (TANGO)
Milonga Viva la Pepa – Club Villa Malcom – Buenos Aires
Pobre Flor – Alfredo de Angelis (VALS)
Salon Canning – Buenos Aires
Mi amor y tu amor – Juan D’arienzo and Jorge Valdez (TANGO)
Milonga Porteño y Bailarin – Buenos Aires
Si sos brujo – Alfredo Gobbi (TANGO)
Salon Canning – Buenos Aires
Mano Brava – Anibal Troilo and Francisco Fiorentino (MILONGA)