- Andy Stein’s Milonga. Saturdays at 3 and 10pm EST (New York time). Each set is about 1 hour, in the format TVTTMT with 1 minute cortinas. Sets are cut to fit together seamlessly, producing the traditional TTVTTM effect. Group address is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/236262914238339/ Contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join.
- Ben & Winnie’s Biweekly Live Stream where they play their favorite tangos on piano and bandoneon and talk about them. Monday and Thursday at 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific.
- Earth Virtual Milonga – free bi-monthly virtual milonga with three international DJs to share their music as well as teachers and live musicians. Milonga takes place every other week on Saturdays 12:30-4pm PDT. The next EVM will be on Saturday, July 11. More information and access to the milonga can be found at http://sotango.world.
- Milonga Café Pacífico – (Virtual Edition 08.22.20): https://www.facebook.com/events/777874873039595/
On Saturday, August 22 (and the fourth Saturday of every month going forward, we hope!) we’ll be hosting Milonga Café Pacífico, together with Felipe and Ayano, from 7-10pm Pacific Time! For this month’s event, Derrick will be DJing and playing live from Buenos Aires will be tango pianist Pablo Estigarribia and also playing live bandoneon and cello from Washington, DC we will have Arco and Aire (Heyni Solera and Max Wollam-Fisher). Full details about format, donations, etc. can be found on our Facebook event.
- Alexander Moncada offers weekly Saturday classes in the month of August 2020 (8-15-22-29). Hour to be announced. Pre-registration required. An overview of what you will learn in these seminars:
✅Improving technique through analysis of body mechanics, improving the quality of movement, disassociation, agility, balance and leading.
✅Moving with your partner in a conscious manner generating harmony and connection.
✅Comprehensive coverage of enrosques over 4 classes.
- Armando Orzuza & Nuria Martinez online classes.30 minutes of Solo technique applied to the couple; 30 minutes of “Just Figures”. Challenging figures and combinations including Paradas, Sacadas, Boleos, Barridas, Ganchos, and Volcadas for the social dance floor. For details and calendar check out their website Tangoatiempo.com
- Essential Body Mechanics – low-impact exercise program by Yelizaveta that focuses on improving coordination, balance, and agility for tango as well as general day to day activities. Two weekly donation-based drop-in classes via zoom which can be accessed at http://essentialbodymechanics.com.
- Escuela Mundial deTango offering more than 150 classes per month for a $50 subscription. Most of its instructors are fluent in English and although they may start their lesson in Spanish they can explain everything in English. Go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EscuelaMundialdeTangoGE/
- Kenny Bell online classes, 1+ hour of basic technique on alternating Saturdays.. No fee to participants. To access:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85807369476?pwd=ZkxjYmZsK1ZuUUkwem9jVzVFNHBNdz09
Meeting ID: 858 0736 9476
- Julia Gorin & Jonatan Baez offer online classes every Tuesday & Thursday 5pm PST on Tango Essentials. Individual work, practical exercises, functional training, consciousness of movements and logic of the body mechanisms to understand the natural movements and improve your dancing. Recordings of all classes are available. All students, signing in August and September will receive access to more than 20 J&J classes already recorded.https://www.facebook.com/JuliaGorinJonatanBaez/
- Maja & Marko from Croatia provide virtual lessons and videos. For details click
- Makela’s Tango Zoom Classes She offers tango classes 5x a week. In addition, she also teaches a theoretical class on musicality, covering the history and danceability of tango dance orchestras history and other topics of interest on Sunday’s at 12 PST noon. All the information is at www.makelatango.com/tango-classes
- Marcelo Solís & Miranda Lindelow Mondays – Wednesdays – Fridays at 8 pm PT. Each class begins with brushing up on the fundamentals of Tango: walking to the rhythm, proper posture and comfortable embrace. We study movements, from basics to sophisticated, working on technical details through exercises and drills. http://escuelatangoba.com/marcelosolis/tango-classes/argentine-tango-online-classes-schedule/
- Maria Oliver’s Online Group Class: English: Thu & Sun, 6:30 pm (BA Time) – 2:30 pm (PST). Spanish: Tue & Fri, 6:30 pm (BA Time) – 2:30 pm (PST) at https://en.tangomaria.com/
- Michelle Badion is doing FREE 15 min daily Zoom Tango exercise class at 11:30am. For details, go to http://www.michellebadion.com/
- Paloma & Maximilian’s Online Tango Class. Mondays 7:30-8:30pm (EST) from Studio 35 in Florida.
- Tango Drills & Technique Class with Diego Lanau from Buenos Aires. Every Friday 9pm Washington DC time, 6pm Pacific time. Donation based, must sign up to receive the zoom link any time at least 30 minutes before the class at email@example.com
All donations go to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tango Technique with Elizabeth Wartluft at 6:30 PM Tues and Noon Fri (Pacific time). Improve balance, flexibility, understanding of how your body works, and expand your musicality in tango, vals and milonga. Follower, leader, couple–please join us! Each week, the topics of class are posted on Elizabeth’s Facebook page. and the Portland Tango FB page. Classes are drop in and cost $15. If you are out of work due to COVID, you can take class for free. If you would like to pay it forward for someone else to take class, that option is also available! Schedule/pay at https://www.elizabethwartlufttango.com/scheduling and Elizabeth is also teaching private Zoom lessons Sunday-Friday.
- Jessica Schilling has set up an online 24/7 tango music station called Radio Tanda. For details, go to http://www.radiotanda.com
- Liz & Yannick Vanhove have a Patreon page with over 55 videos on technique, drills, figures, exercises etc. …Benefits include the video library, online live classes every week, Q&A, Private classes and more. Link is https://www.patreon.com/lizyannick
- Melina & Detlef have created an online-shop in which you can find the digital versions of Caminar Abrazados, video workshops and vouchers for classes and events: https://shop.tangodesalon.de
- Murat’s YouTube channel is full of free instructional videos.
- Keith Elshaw just completed an excellent 20 minute Youtube documentary on the origins of Argentine Tango music: who actually created it and when? Here’s a link to it: Insights to Tango: Episode One
- Tango Cafe Takeout LIVE with Ciko and Adam. Every Wednesday from 8:30 – 10:30pm EDT. Each podcast has LIVE music and an interview with a teacher, dancer or organizer. AND it is a call in show so people call in from all over the country to say hi and chat and ask questions.
- 14 Videos of Tango Technique, Style, Tips and Exercises with Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo
- Video Feedback with Annotations: Tangueros video their dance and email a copy to Murat Erdemsel who will provide a 20 minute video critique with voice and annotations to point out details so dancers can learn and develop better form, musicality and technique. For details contact Murat at: Muraterdemsel@gmail.com
- Virtual events in Buenos Aires:
We are currently listing virtual events for Buenos Aires for the moment. Here is the list in case you are curious and decide to join one:
- Barbara’s Hand Drawn Tango Coloring Book. $8. I drew this Tango coloring book for all Tangueros, Tango and dance lovers, and for ALL to enjoy for now and always! The book includes a page with descriptions and notes about each drawing, Tango culture, and Buenos Aires (the birthplace of Argentine Tango). This is a digital book (PDF) that you will download and print out to color. No paper book will be shipped to you. There are 11 pages in total for your coloring pleasure.
- Intoxicating Tango: My Years in Buenos Aires: After a series of life-changing and terrible losses, Cherie moves to steamy Buenos Aires, where the romantic attention of the local men reignites her youth and sexuality. $11.99 in paperback and $2.99 for Kindle. Order at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XBMLFXT You can contact Cherie directly at: email@example.com
- Suzanne’s Argentine Tango Coloring Book. I published it in 2017 and it was the first one on the market. Here is the link to the book on Amazon:
Here is a link to the promo video:https://youtu.be/Hh7mPQsAWf8
- Why I Dance Tango? – Porque Bailo Tango? Large format magazine quality, 50 pages of social tango photos shot in Buenos Aires Spent this year 2020 in Buenos Aires, arriving in January. Then in March, after dancing continually for months the tango world stopped. Developed during Quarantine, this photobook on social Tango is about connection, movement including short essays and arty tango photos.Print version available in the US now including priority mail $ 27.Paypal linkhttps://paypal.me/WhyIDanceTango?locale.x=en_USAll proceeds are being donated back to the Tango community. Contact Ruth.Offen@gmail.com